Friday, December 30, 2016

And what did Santa Bring?


Twas the day after Christmas, and....

Being that I was at my brother's place for Christmas, I should mention Christmas gifts.  Normally, I don't have the foggiest clue about what gift to buy for anyone.  But this year, I was given a clue by my sister in law - COFFEE!  So I made sure to provide an adequate supply of caffeine to replenish their caffeine streams when there is too much blood in them.

On my end, I received a couple of books.  One book was on project management, and the other was on managing rental properties.  Both books will be useful in the near future. And I can see myself finding the time to read them within the next month or so.

- - - - - -

Since GFJ wasn't scheduled to come here until the end of the week, I have no ideas of what she's giving me.  But I bought her a sweater, a necklace, and a pair of gloves.  Hopefully, she'll find all of these items useful.  Mind you, it was easier for me to shop for these gifts than it would have been a few years ago - I went to buy these gifts while in Marian mode, and didn't look or feel out of place while doing so.

Many men feel very uncomfortable shopping for women.  I think it has to do with the way many of us are brought up. Many boys act as if all girls "have cooties" and never get comfortable handling things feminine.  About the only time men are comfortable touching women's clothes is when they are holding a woman in their arms, or when they are trying to take the clothes off that woman.  And it is not surprising that most men have no clue about what would look good on their wives/girlfriends, no clue about what size(s) she wears, and no clue about what she could use most.  So I'll bet that women are disappointed more often than not, except when they buy the women in their lives some fancy jewelry.

Late Christmas night, GFJ sent me a message to tell me that her son was leaving on Monday, and that I should expect her to come down on Tuesday.  This means that I will not get in as much Marian time during the week as expected.  As much as I'm glad about this, it does get in my way.  For example, I'd have liked to see the Cat Lady for dinner. But this won't happen for at least a week. And then, I'd have liked to figure out a way to connect with RO. This will not happen either.  At least, I will get my Christmas gift earlier than expected. But I'm not yet sure about what it will do to my scheduled Thursday night game night.

- - - - - - 

I could use that bottle of Jack Daniel's that Santa is drinking in the above picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment