Wednesday, December 21, 2016

An evening with WDJ


I had nothing planned for today.  The only thing that was on my "must do" list was finishing up the paperwork for getting the WIA grant for the PMP Prep course.  And I took care of this before lunch.  So, I contacted WDJ and we agreed to get together around 4:00 pm. 

Of course, when it comes to me and getting out of the house on time, I have a nasty habit of being late. And being out of work, I've lost my "sort of" knack for punctuality. So it only made sense that I ended up texting WDJ to tell her that I'd be 45 minutes late.  (In reality, I ended up being over an hour late due to traffic.)  Being late didn't matter much, as long as we got away from her house by 5:15 pm.

The first place we went was to a diner across the river in Newburgh.  I figured that I'd treat WDJ to a bite to eat for the holidays, and she ordered the nachos while I ordered a senior special - sliced turkey with stuffing.  It was a pleasant surprise that I got out of the diner for roughly $30 (including tax and tip.) 

Next, it was off to The Avenue.  I was reasonably sure that DD wasn't working tonight.  But I figured that I'd take a look to see if there was anything interesting worth buying.  Even though I saw a pair of winter boots I wanted in my size, I wasn't going to buy them at the price point of $60.  Instead, I'll wait until they go on sale, as I think that the size 13-W boots will not move that quickly.

Sadly, there wasn't much left to do in the mall, so I asked WDJ to take the above picture of me in my new dress.  What do you think of it?  Although I don't have as narrow a waist as I'd like, I think it gives me the illusion of having hips (based on the way the dress flares out). But this picture does not do the dress justice. It is black with a repeating series of paired grey stripes.  And its sweater like material will be quite comfortable in the colder weather coming soon.

At this point, I figured that I'd mosey back to WDJ's place via the long and winding road. Actually, I took the long way over to the riverfront, and looped back to the bridge.  This gave us time to finish our chat before dropping her off at her house.  And next, it was off to Walmart to shop.

Now, I didn't need much at Walmart, and could easily have skilled this stop.  But as soon as I got there, I got a call from GFJ - she was on her way home from a church sponsored class on divorce, and it was at a price that WDJ could afford: $0.00.  So I asked GFJ if I could pass along information on the class, and she said OK.  I'll admit that I'm not completely comfortable having certain people (even at a distance) cross the divide between my life as Marian and my life as Mario.  But sooner or later, there will be people who know me in my female presentation meeting people who know me in my make presentation, and I have to develop a strategy for this.  (Already, this has happened once in an unexpected place, and didn't cause me any harm.) 

GFJ was on the way home from this class, and could have met me in Fishkill had either of us thought much about it.  I'm not sure if she'd have been comfortable seeing me in Marian mode, so I am just as glad neither of us thought much about it.  Once done there, it was my turn to drive home and relax before a day in Mario Mode.










1 comment: