Monday, December 26, 2016

A cold and wet weekend with GFJ


This weekend is likely the last weekend I'll see GFJ before New Year's.  She will likely be with her family on Christmas, so I figure that I'll be spending the day alone with family.  This is not as bad as it sounds, as I don't want to be bringing her to see my family until she reciprocates and beings me to see her family.  Because of this, I chose not to go to the FFGoW meetup on Friday night, because GFJ and I will be expected to be at a brunch in Poughkeepsie and I want to maximize our time together.

- - - - - -

On Friday, I had to "rush" home and change from Marian into Mario so that GFJ would be comfortable when she got here.  This is not a big deal for me. But I do feel very different when I am in Mario Mode, and I have no words for it.

When she got here, she brought the foodstuffs we wanted, so that we wouldn't have to go out on Saturday.  And then it was off to the diner.  Since the diner was way too crowded at the time, I killed a little time by going to the bank to deposit some checks I've had sitting around for months.  Well, The ATM rejected the checks because it couldn't read the MICR line.  Of course, these were checks from my dentist, and it would make sense for me to get them deposited ASAP, as they've been sitting in my wallet for months and one of them was recut because the MICR line had worn off.  This time, the MICR line was not in the right location on the checks, so I will likely try to redeposit them via a teller, and see if manual operation can process the checks.

We then went to eat, and then home to sleep.  As for me, I couldn't go to sleep before posting the nightly entry at midnight....

- - - - - -

Saturday greeted us with 3"-4" of snow.  When we heard the snow plow in the parking lot, we rushed out to move the cars and pick up some things at the Foodtown down the hill.  Neither of us were ready to go outside for the rest of the day, so we ended up picking up some sausage and eggs, then going back home for breakfast.  This was the beginning of a day where we did nothing but watch movies, most notably "Patton" and "The Hateful Eight".

Later in the evening, we had to make a decision.  Were we going to try and wake up early, so that we could go to brunch with a few of GFJ's friends?  Or, were we going to stay inside, and sleep late?  Well, GFJ's GI Tract ailments made that decision for her, as my ailment made a decision for us early in the morning.

- - - - - -

Sunday was much warmer than usual for this time of year. I was glad that we canceled going to the brunch up in Poughkeepsie,  Even though I was awake at 7:30 am, I didn't much feel like spending my morning in a rush to get ready to go out and drive for about an hour in the fog.  I've already have heard of enough traffic accidents caused by this weird weekend weather, and I didn't want to be part of any of them.  After a couple of hours being awake, I fell back to sleep until about 2:00 pm.  I must have really needed the sleep, as I figure that I had at least 10 hours in this sleep cycle.  But with this apartment being warm and humid, my body is functioning in a normal fashion for me.

We had to go outdoors, if only to bring some garbage bags to the dumpster.  So, around 4:00 pm, we finished our showers, got dressed, and ventured into the great outdoors as the sun was setting. I took the long way over to Mount Kisco, so that I could pick up stuff for a batch of Chocolate Almond Brownies I wanted to make for this week's meeting of the Yonkers gaming group. When we got back home, GFJ had some "Chinese Chicken Soup with Dumplings" (Read: Wonton Soup), while I had some Fried Rice and Egg Foo Young. (She was more interested in the soup broth, as she was having trouble digesting solid food.) And shortly afterwards, GFJ had to leave, as she had to get to the office early in the morning.

- - - - - -

On the whole, it was a good weekend.  But I'll miss having her around next weekend, as both of us will be celebrating the holiday with our families.














No comments:

Post a Comment