Thursday, November 10, 2016

The day after


I'm still doing a little mourning about leaving the Whine and Dine crew.  Whether or not I said anything truly negative about the Queen Bee (I doubt it), I feel that my presence there would now be disruptive, and therefore, it's time to move on to other pastures.  As I've said before, she's a good lady, but a bit sensitive.  So why make things uncomfortable for anyone?

- - - - - -

When I got up, I had two things planned for today.  First was a quick visit to Long Island to see my dad. And then a dinner with one of my old buddies from my computer bulletin board days. This buddy has no idea that I am TG, so I scheduled dinner on a day that I expected to be in Mario mode all day.  Since he has a nasty habit of canceling at the last moment, I figured that I'd see if BXM was available as a backup. (More later on that.)

Since I woke up late this morning, I ended up leaving the apartment at 1:00 pm for a 2:15 pm - 2:30 pm arrival at the nursing home.  My dad was glad to see me, but we had little to talk about today.  Little happens in the nursing home, and if I don't have anything new to say, it's a 2 1/2 to 3 hour round trip for 15-30 minutes of chat. Today, traffic flowed well, so it was closer to  2 1/2 hours in transit.  After seeing my dad, I went to the family homestead and connected with dad's next door neighbor. She works in a nursing home, so she knows the routine my dad is going through.  She was glad to hear about my dad. And since her family has been very nice to my dad over the years, we'll be sure to treat them very nice at Christmastime.

Then it was off to Westchester.  I did get stuck in some traffic, but not as much as I could have had to deal with. On my way home, my buddy called to cancel.  I figured this would happen.  So when I got home, I texted BXM to see if she was free, and we decided to meet at 9:00 pm.  Yes, this meant that I'd likely not see the end of the World Series. But it was worth it to not be alone tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment