Friday, November 4, 2016

Quickie: Cruise Rescheduling


If I had stayed employed, Lili and I would have cruised for 10 days in November, docking at the first 4 of these ports. I really wish we had been able to do so, but I wasn't yet on Unemployment Insurance payouts, and I didn't know the procedure for suspending benefits for the time I would be away on the cruise.

Lili and I have rescheduled our cruise for the two weeks after my UI payments end, and it will be 1 day longer, but have 3 extra stops.  One of these stops, St. Kitts, is a place I'd like to visit again. But to do so, I'd have to get off the ship and have a flawless female presentation. This is a risk I can not afford to take at this time, as I know that there are too many things that would give me away as being transgender. And in more "backwards" and poor areas, there is great risk for a transgender person.

Luckily, I know the cruise ship will be safe for me. And I know that Lili will do her thing, and spend her time gambling when she's away from the pool and the buffet. (She won't spend much time at the buffet, as she will be limited in what she eats due to a stomach sleeve.) Given the slightly longer cruise and Lili's inability to eat herself silly, I ask the question: Will this will be as enjoyable a cruise as our last one to the same region?



No comments:

Post a Comment