Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Marian gets out to play, but things wanted to get in the way


GFJ left this morning, and I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Marian mode.  However, some headaches got in the way of starting the day off on a clean note.  They included:
  1. Contacting NYS Unemployment Insurance, and determining why I haven't received any of my payments yet.
  2. Contacting my bank and finding out why online account has been locked for the second time in less than a week.
  3. Contacting the firm that held the loan on my car and getting my loan release documentation resent to me.
  4. Contacting Arts Westchester, and RSVP'ing for their monthly Arts Ambassador meeting. (I want to volunteer as Marian, and continue to develop my public female persona.)
Of the above tasks, NYS left me in a voice mail loop.  It was taking too much of my time, so I went on to task number two - and had problems there as well.  Luckily, the other two tasks came off without a hitch.

- - - - - -

Why did I list the tasks I wanted to take care of?  Because the beginning of the day can set the tone for the entire day.  Although I couldn't get the first two things taken care of at this time, I had a pleasurable experience taking care of the last one.

To RSVP for Arts Westchester, I had to call their office. And this involved using my feminine voice. To find out how well I now sound, I took out my headset, hooked it into my computer, and recorded my voice. It's far from where I want it to be, but I think I'm inching closer to passing a "telephone test".  What do you think?

I was running late when I finally made it to White Plains, and met my friend from the other meetup who told me about this organization.  So, together, we walked to the office, and sat down at the meeting.  About an hour later, I was briefed on whet I needed to do. And hope I got it right, as I'll be handing out information at a venue I'll be attending in the evening.

When the meeting was over, my friend and I (I think I'll call her FFGT for now) went over to the Iron Tomato for a cup of coffee and a bite for me to eat.  We chatted for an hour or so, and then it was time to go our own ways.

- - - - - -

Getting in my car, I called up Pat, and she was available. So I drove to her place, and got there in under 20 minutes!  Both of us found it hard to believe that I made it from White Plains to Pelham in 20 minutes during rush hour.  As usual, we chatted about shoes and ships and sealing wax, and whether pigs have wings.  Pat noted one mistake I made - I referred to the "Queen Bee" as such, and used a term the way a man would use it.  She said that the phrase has a completely different meaning to women most of the time, and that it could be taken as an insult without meaning it as such. In addition, she said: "Welcome to the world of women." I noted that I signed on for the whole experience when I first went outside in a dress, and I haven't regretted it yet. Pat can see that I'm much, much happier as Marian than as Mario. However, she poses a question I'm still unable to answer - how much of my life as Marian can I afford to give up to have GFJ in my life?  Luckily, I don't have to answer this now.  This is a question I have to keep in the back of my mind....

.

2 comments:

  1. This doesn't have much to do with this particular posting of yours apart from the attempt to get the unemployment checks flowing.

    Time and circumstances have kept me from visiting your blog for several weeks. After reading this particular message I started working my way through your messages until I found the one where you announced your termination. I was sorry to read this. Having recently gone through a period of unemployment I know how difficult it can be. Not only does one's financial situation to take wallop, but also one's self-esteem.

    I greatly admire your courage and fortitude during this period. If you would remove all references to unemployment in your recent blog entries and simply focused on the content, the reader would be convinced all is well in your life. You are to be commended for remaining calm and cheerful despite the job loss. Well done!

    All the best,

    Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kati -

      Unemployment is a pain in the ass. But it does give me the benefit of living as Marian for whatever time this period lasts.

      I don't want to make things look like all is going well for me. Virtually all TG's have major issues surrounding them. Mine are finances (even though they are under control for now), family and romance. It could be much worse.

      Courage? Nah. It's just going through life one day at a time, and not letting the future get to me.

      M

      Delete