Friday, November 18, 2016

An evening with the Cat Lady


The "Cat Lady" has three mousers of her own.  They are all big, but none as big as this 40+ pound mouser.  The closest this cat will come to catching a mouse will be seeing a Disney cartoon on TV.  At least, he looks like he has been very well fed.

- - - - - -

There were only two things on my calendar for today.  First was seeing HWA, my neighbor. And then it was a visit to see the "Cat Lady" in New Jersey. But I only wish that they didn't include meeting on a Thursday, as I ended up skipping game night to see my friend in Jersey.

There wasn't much on my task list for today, so I took care of paying two weeks worth of bills, and then watched a couple of movies on TV.  "Watching" isn't the right word, the movies played while I was semi-conscious on the living room couch.  By the time I woke up, HWA was about to call me, asking if everything was OK.  So I rushed out the door, and we chatted for a couple of hours before I drove to Jersey to see the Cat Lady.

Now, I shouldn't keep calling this lady "Cat Lady". But, if I don't take my allergy pill before seeing her, I will have an allergic reaction the longer I'm with her - especially, if I enter her home.  So when I got to her house at 6:30 pm and she wanted to know if I wanted to go inside for a few minutes, I deferred, knowing that I wanted to enjoy my visit without a severe allergic reaction.

We ended up going to a local diner, and we chatted until 9:30 pm or so.  One of the things that came up in our conversation was my relationship with Ex-GF-M, and how I discovered my ex's way of manipulating me. Even Cat Lady realized that a "mind fuck" was being played, and understood why it took so long to get out of that dysfunctional relationship.  Afterwards, it was back to her house, where we chatted for another 30-45 minutes sitting in my car.  It could have been longer, but she was getting tired, and I was starting to have my eyes bother me from the cat dander likely on her clothes. It's easy to see why I don't pursue a relationship, and yet enjoy a friendship with her.  Could it ever develop into something more?  Maybe, if my relationship with GFJ weren't in the way.  But it is, so I'm very careful with what I do and say.

- - - - - -

On the way home, I chatted with Lili for a while, and we agreed to finally go to the movies together.  She wonders why I see my other friends more often than her.  But she forgets the times I do offer to see her, and the times I'm busy.  Yet, I do neglect this friendship a little, as I am concerned more about expanding my network of people who know me as Marian.  Is this wrong to do?  I'm not sure, but I'll be sure to see her tomorrow.





PS: I wish I could eliminate my sensitivity to cat dander.  I'll have to settle for having only this cat in the house from now on....


 And yes, I have been known for being grumpy!





No comments:

Post a Comment