Friday, November 25, 2016

A day en-homme longer than I wanted


My cleaning lady is on a once a month schedule, and today was her scheduled day to come.  However, I had several loads of laundry to get started, and other tasks that needed tending to before she got here.  As a result, I had to stay in Mario Mode much longer than I normally would, and couldn't get out the door as Marian until the cleaning lady left.

- - - - - -

I had several loads of laundry to take care of when I got up this morning.  There was no way I'd be able to take care of them before the cleaning lady arrived, so I figured that I'd stay in Mario Mode until the laundry was done.  After putting a load into the washer, I came upstairs and totally surprised the cleaning lady - she had just arrived, and wasn't expecting me to open the door as she was putting her coat over a chair.  We chatted a bit, and I left her to take care of her work.

When she left, I started the process of getting ready for a night out as Marian.  My first stop would be drinks with the gals at one meetup, followed by a night in Yonkers playing games.  Even so, I had to go downstairs as Mario to pick up the laundry, and hang up the dress I just washed to line dry on one of the entryways to the kitchen. 

What I haven't mentioned so far is that I postponed my first day back at the GLBT Center, so that I could stay in Mario mode.  I didn't like having to do this, but it was worth the inconvenience because I took care of 5 loads of laundry - with 1 or 2 more still to go.  I'd have liked to go there today, but it wasn't worth putting off doing laundry for another few days.

- - - - - -

Just before I had scheduled to leave the house for a women's group meetup in Tuckahoe, GFJ called.  When I picked up the phone, she said not to worry about us.  (Yes, there were worries on my mind, given the text she sent me at 4:30 pm.)  And then, she went into a litany about her "Wasband" and the troubles he was causing her. You can imagine how I feel about this person, and I have never met the fellow. (Yes, I know there are 3 sides to each divorce: his side, her side, and an objective truth side that neither of them can see.)  We chatted for a half hour, and then I was off to the meetup.

The GPS gave me technically accurate directions to the place of the meetup.  However, it didn't give me "good" directions, as the real entrance to the bar and grill was through a parking lot on a side street, and not the main street address given for the place.  I didn't recognize anyone there, as I only attended 1 meetup with this group.  But the woman organizing the group remembered me, and I settled in with several other ladies.

All too soon, it was time to go, and I wished the leader well.  Hopefully, she'll find a good job in Dallas, and that she'll be back in New York from time to time.  So I left the bar and grill, and went to my Thursday night gaming session in Yonkers.  Today, it was a packed house, we we has 12+ game players there, including 3 new people.  It was nice seeing new blood there, and I hope they all come back soon.

- - - - - -

I left game night around 11:15 pm, and took Yonkers Avenue over to Central Park Avenue, from where I could reach the major parkways and get home quickly.  The reason I mention the drive is that there was a fellow who crossed the double yellow line, waited a little for the light, then turned left onto Central Park Avenue.  I made my legal left, and followed this guy without any intent.  A few seconds later, I saw a car with flashing lights behind me, and I moved over to the right.  No, the cop was not after me.  He was after the other fellow, and had pulled him over about 2 blocks away.  Whew!  I'm glad I didn't have to show Mario's ID while dressed as Marian.

After that, it was an uneventful drive home, and I was very glad that I don't have to get up at 6:00 am anymore....




No comments:

Post a Comment