Saturday, November 19, 2016

A busy Friday


I hope you appreciate my sense of humor when posting my daily image.  Jack Webb (as Sergeant Friday) was on my TV on a regular basis while I was growing up.  Although this show would never be a hit today, it was quite entertaining for its time.

Years ago, my late wife and I went to see the movie "Dragnet" starring Dan Ackroyd and Tom Hanks.  If you knew either of us well, you'd know that we shared a unique sense of humor. So when we got to the box office, and the teenager asked us what movie we wanted to see, we responded: Dum - - - de - DUM - DUM and the kid didn't get the joke.

- - - - - -

Now that I got the obligatory humor out of the way, there were four things I wanted to take care of today:
  1. Calling unemployment, and getting through their automated system to find out where my payments have gone.
  2. Visiting NPWJ and her assistant at NPW, shooting the breeze, and seeing if I can be of any assistance to them.
  3. Seeing Lili, and going to see one of the latest action films at a local theater.
  4. Visiting YGN, and catching up on things since I last saw her at the beginning of the year.
I didn't expect to get everything done, but Lili had a complication of her own - a 4:00 pm appointment somewhere.

When I got up, I didn't have much energy.  Yet, I knew that I had to get moving quickly.  So when I got moving, it was off to the shower for a nice hot, steamy cleansing.  I had a sinus headache from last night, and knew that I needed to clear my head before getting ready to go out in Marian mode.

- - - - - -

After my shower, I still moved slowly.  Yet, I was able to make it to see NPWJ before noon.  I was there for about 90 minutes chatting, and discussing what she wanted to see in a redesigned web site. While I was down in mid-county, I stopped by the GLBT center to discuss volunteering. And now, I have tasks with two organizations to get their web sites updated to look like they were designed in the past couple of years.

A common thread with both people I spoke to today was the general depression they felt because the GOP won the election.  I expect that the TG community will go through hell over the next couple of years while GOP loyalists learn how their leaders have betrayed their interests. Sadly, we will be the ones who suffer while others temporarily prosper.

- - - - - -

I had totally forgotten that today was Veteran's Day, so the call to Unemployment had to be postponed. However, I didn't get the chance to call YGN to see what she was up to.  Given how hard it has been for us to meet with each other, I doubt that she'll mind waiting until next week (or the week after) to get together.

And this leaves us with Lili.

I haven't seen Lili in a while.  Having raccoons as welcome guests on her porch is something that bothers me.  But I don't mind getting together with her to see a movie now and then, and tonight was one of those nights.  She wanted to see "Doctor Strange", and I went along for the ride.  It was a pleasant action flick, with not much of a plot.  Like most action flicks, there was little character development, save to set the audience up for what is expected from the fight scenes.  One problem - Lili goes to a movie and loves to chow down on sugar candy.  I, on the other hand, wouldn't bother with food at most theaters (the Alamo Drafthouse is a noted exception), nor would I have candy - unless someone gave it to me.

After the movie was over, we went to the local diner where I had a bowl of Chili.  Given my diet as of late, it helped to have some non animal protein for a change. Lili, decided on the BLT with a side of fake poutine (the diner called it "Disco Fries") - something I wasn't about to eat.  As luck would have it, Lili filled up on the BLT, and didn't care for the fake poutine.  I can only imagine how she'll feel when eating out after her stomach sleeve is put in - she'll have cravings for food that she can not sate, and will be crying to me about why the operation was a big mistake.  As for me, I'll be glad, as she will quickly learn that sweets and starches are not her friends, and she'll stop trying to pawn them off on me. 

- - - - - -

All too soon, it was time to go home and strip off my dress, put my breast forms away, rinse out my tights, move my ID into my masculine wallet, and prepare to be Mario until Monday comes along.  I'm not looking forward to next week, as there will be two days that I have to be in Mario mode for evening activities.  At least, I'll have Monday, Thursday, and Friday to be in Marian mode....


 



 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment