Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Waking up late - This shouldn't become a habit.


I hope that waking up late doesn't become a habit this time being unemployed.  It was awkward when i was 5 hours out of sync with the world, and I don't want to let that happen again.

- - - - - -

Today, I got up late again, and was just out of the shower when GFJ called to tell me that she was done with the foot doctor. So after a few more minutes (which were used to get dressed), I was out the door and driving to Poughkeepsie for lunch.

GFJ and I had a nice lunch together, and then went to see a movie - The Light Between Oceans.  It was a very nice film, touching and sad at the same time. I won't go into the plot, but I'll bet that its cinematography is nominated for an Oscar.

All too soon, it was time for us to go our own ways. If GFJ didn't have to go to the doctor in the morning, she'd have been at my place and staying the night.  But she'll be here soon enough.

- - - - - -

Tomorrow, I have to be up at the crack of dawn to take Lili to the Hospital.  I hate putting the miles in on my car when I don't have a job.  But I do what I have to do.  Later on, I have dinner with Patty and Steve.  I'll have to check with her whether she'd mind me coming down in Marian mode, as this will allow me to save at least an hour in which I can be doing other things.

- - - - - -

On other matters....

Last night, I got what could have been a nibble on OK Cupid.  One woman "Liked" my profile that has a picture of me in Marian Mode.  I responded to her, and it went nowhere - as I expected.  She uses the same type of fishing strategy as I do in that profile - I mark as many possibles as "Likes", and wait for OK Cupid to tell me whether there is a mutual "Like" response.  When I responded, she indicated that she wanted a man - and I mentioned, I hope you get what you want.  But I hope that you read the person's profile next time, instead of just swiping to the right.  This didn't disappoint me.  I don't expect many responses, and the quality of those I've gotten haven't been that great using this profile.

DCD came out of the woodwork again. It seems like both his current girlfriend and his ex wife have medicinal cannabis permits in Connecticut. And they met at the local dispensary near DCD's house.  The ex wife and current girlfriend struck up a nice conversation, and the girlfriend found out who she was speaking to (her boyfriend's ex wife) before she was about to tell the ex wife that she is the current girlfriend.  This was a funny incident.  Sadly, if they had met at the house where DCD lives, it'd be another situation like the film, Enough Said.

Sooner or later, I'll have to tell WDS that I was laid off.  I'm not looking forward to his response. But I know it will be on the line of moving forward, and not dwelling in the past.  I miss having him around here. But he likes living in low tax climes, and I can't fault him for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment