Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Seeing HWA's Art


This is not HWA's art work. Her work uses more than two dimensions, and is not as colorful. But I needed something abstract and colorful to be the lead for this entry, and I felt the above picture captures the spirit of how I feel lately.

- - - - - -

Sometime soon, I have to file for unemployment.  This will start the process of me having to prove I'm looking for work every day, and hammer home the fact that I no longer have a job in Lower Manhattan.  I miss the money stream coming from that job, but not the headaches I had because of that job.  Now, I can go about life as Marian during the week, and I have started to register for meetups with women's groups again, one of them organized by WPB.

- - - - - -

When I got up today, there was one thing on my schedule - a visit to HWA's art studio to see her art, and to talk for a while.  It's nice to know that I'm starting to build up friendships with a couple of my neighbors.  People with healthy social networks tend to live longer, and I want to enjoy life for as long as possible - albeit as Marian, and not as Mario.

2:00 pm came and I went to HVA's studio as Marian.  It's nice to know that HWA accepts me as Mario and as Marian.  So I was pleasantly surprised to see how neat her studio apartment (now her art studio) is organized.  With the exception of the appliances being physically organized as a residence, one would not expect that someone once lived in this space. After about a half hour there, we then went to her residence (a 2 bedroom apartment less than 1,000 feet away) to gab for a while.  It was nice to be able to gab until the sun set - and I know we'll be doing this again soon.

- - - - - -

Once done with HWA, I decided to go to my apartment to change into something warmer, and then go shopping again.  I still need to get some stockings, but didn't find what I wanted at The Avenue. But I did find a nice dress that I could have bought in black.  Instead, I tried on the Merlot colored dress in a size larger than the black version I previously tried on, and decided to buy it.


I may not have that many opportunities to wear the dress.  But I know that I'll enjoy wearing it when I do so.












No comments:

Post a Comment