Friday, October 28, 2016

Not so thrifty Thursday


It's been a month and a day since I lost my job, and I have gotten used to having leisure time during the day.  It'll be hard for me when I find work again, as I like the routine of waking up when I want to, and not worrying about how to squeeze in all my errands between work and commutation.

- - - - - -

Waking up, I knew I had to get out of the house before the cleaning lady came.  So I made sure to get dressed en-femme and get out of the house well before lunchtime.  Of course, having a lunch date with Vicki#2 at Aberdeen was likely to make my day. And it did so, as expected.  We were able to catch up on things that happened over the past few months, and we made a date to get together next month.

After lunch, I drove to Lower Westchester, and killed a little time. Browsing at The Avenue was fun, especially trying on some shoes that I had no intentions of buying at this time. (A gal can't have enough shoes in her closet!)  Once done there, I decided to drive to the thrift store that BXM and I occasionally shop at, and saw absolutely nothing worth buying.

While out, I received a text from a former co-worker at the bank I once worked for.  It seems like there was going to be a reunion dinner that I didn't hear about. And this dinner was going on this evening.  Since I was already in Marian Mode, there was no way that I'd go to this gathering, as I certainly didn't want to out myself while I could use a few of these people as references in my job search.

By the time 4:00 pm came by, I knew that it didn't make sense to drive back to Croton, so I decided to see a movie: "The Accountant". You can look at the reviews to see if you want to watch this movie. But for an action film, it avoids excessive gun play and violence, and still stays interesting.  One does not feel that the protagonist is at any risk for his life. Yet, one enjoys the flow of the film until the very end.  If one wants to kill a couple of hours of time, this is the film to see.

Once the film was over, I made it to Panera Bread, and then to game night.  I didn't play every game, but I had fun any way.  Game night was the capstone to a day which went better than expected. And for me, this was something I needed to keep my spirits up.



No comments:

Post a Comment