Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day.


This is how I went out today. The sweater I'm wearing tends to go well with a lot of outfits.  I only wish I could find dresses with a 2"-3" lower hem line.

- - - - - -

When I got up this morning, I had these these items on my to-do list:
  1. Send out job applications. 
  2. Order new Chin Strap for nightly use with CPAP
  3. Confirm shopping trip with friend from Long Island
  4. Email NPWJ at NPW.
By the time I left the house in the afternoon, the top 3 items were taken care of.  However, I had forgotten to email NPWJ. That, I took care of int he afternoon.  (I'd like to drop in and see if they could use my help again.  It'd be nice to be able to again use new work for them as something that helps my resume look good to potential employers.

- - - - - -

Just after I showered, I got a call from GFJ. She got word from her doctor regarding one of the tests she took.  It seems like one of her carotid arteries has some blockage. As a result, she will likely need to go to the hospital for another procedure.  If it is the same procedure that Patty had for her carotid artery, she'll be wide awake and talking with the doctors as they clean the plaque out of the artery. 

Before I left the apartment, I got a call from a headhunter looking to see if I was available for a position in New Jersey.  I never heard from her again, and checked the firm's website to see if the opening was a public posting.  It was, and I found out that the headhunter was bottom fishing, and do not expect to hear from this person again.

While out, I received an email from WDJ.  It's nice to know that she's in town, as I'd like to be able to meet her again while she's here.  Right now, she's staying with family, and I hope she's having a good time.  I miss seeing her on a regular basis, but I am glad that she is able to live life for herself for a change.

I ran into one of my neighbors when I got home.  Years ago, when my wife was alive, we used to socialize quite a bit, and did so for a while after my wife's death.  This lady and I never could have gotten close to each other, as she was the type of person who drank like a fish.  When she first saw me in Marian Mode, she couldn't deal with me this way.  But over time, she may have become more accepting of me this way, as she has seen more transgender people out in the world.  She asked about the timing of transition, and I responded that I probably won't transition while my dad's alive - and she understood why I'd keep this a secret from my dad.  But I wasn't going to say much more to a person who no longer had the possibility of being a closer friend.

- - - - - -

Strangely enough, I was tired when I got back to my apartment.  The food I had bought went into the refrigerator, and I decided to rest.  By the time I was fully conscious again, it was almost 8:00 pm, and I had nowhere to go.  So now, I have to get ready to be in Mario mode for a visit to the dealership for my car's yearly NYS inspection (which will also trigger a brake job on the rear wheels), a trip to Long Island to see work on the family homestead, and to visit my dad in the nursing home.









No comments:

Post a Comment