Thursday, October 6, 2016

I've got to get started on things


Since last week, I've done nothing in regard to unemployment.  I have to get moving on filing for unemployment, doing a quick draft of an updated resume which includes my experience at my former firm, and be prepared for an GLBT job fair being held in NYC.

- - - - - -

Right now, I've been focusing on social issues.  I've wanted to get in touch with Vicki#2, and we will soon be getting together for lunch.  She's a sweet woman, and it'll be nice to catch up with her. But catching up with daytime friends has its cost - it's time I could be spending looking for work.

Around noon, I started getting ready to see Lili.  I wasn't really in the mood to see her, but I needed to get out.  So I showered, dressed, and made up my face - and arrived at Panera at 2:30 pm.  Lili was a few minutes late, and we had a quick, but enjoyable lunch.  I didn't have much to talk to her about today, and I have a feeling she knew I was a little off.  On the way home, I called Joanie, and we chatted for a while.  I told her about losing the job and having my dad in the nursing home.  She told me about her mom being in a similar situation. I guess we have a lot in common, but look at life in very different ways.

- - - - - -

As I had nothing better to do, I decided to take a drive to Woodbury Commons to the Hanes outlet store to see if they had the Just My Size stockings in my size.  From what I can tell, they may be discontinuing the line, focusing on the more mainstream sizes.  This is a damned shame, as I will now need to buy my stockings at The Avenue if I can't find another plus size hosiery supplier. 

So I ended up driving to Newburgh and stopping in to my "favorite" store.  At least, here was a place I could get hosiery in my size, and I bought 4 pairs of stockings.  (I'll have to buy more when my money supply improves.)  While there, I saw a sweater that would work well with several of the solid dresses I have.


The sweater worked well with the Merlot dress I was wearing, and would work well with either a black dress or a blue dress.  I may end up buying it, but not for a while - as I can't afford to go on a spending spree right now.

Thankfully, I have a full closet, and can make the choices that a cisgender woman would make when it comes to what to wear....












No comments:

Post a Comment