Friday, October 14, 2016

Developing a new routine.



When I woke up this morning, I had totally forgotten about a lunch I was scheduled to go to with a women's meetup group.  If it weren't for the email reminder, I'd have done something else today. Yet, I had to do a last minute cleanup, as I had to be ready for an unplanned visit from the cleaning lady - if she forgets that I told her to come on a monthly schedule again.

- - - - - -

Once I straightened up my place, I left for a meetup with the Friendly, Fun Girlfriends group in White Plains.  Arriving a few minutes late, I ended up being lucky enough to find on-street parking without effort, and made it to the table before drink orders were taken.  I've seen 2 or 3 of the ladies before, and I am accepted as Marian by these women.  I could very easily spend the rest of my eventual retirement as one of the ladies who lunch. But until then, I nurture the relationships I'm able to build as best I can.

Once lunch was over, it was over to the local Christmas Tree Shop to do a little shopping.  No, I didn't do much. But I killed some time between appointments. And that was important to me.  Sadly, I wasn't able to visit anyone, so that I could stay in lower county.  So I ended up driving home and relaxing for a couple of hours.

My brother called me just before I was about to get ready to drive back to Yonkers. He wanted information about the floor times we will be using in the renovated kitchen.  I didn't have exact details. But I told him that I'd drop by Home Depot to take pictures of acceptable tiles, and to get back to him.


The above tile is roughly what I'd like to see on the floor.  It'll go nicely with cabinetry that looks like this, save the "cabling" will be much narrower, like a 1/4" rope:


We intend to use a similar theme for cabinets in both the kitchen and the bathroom.  And the color schemes will be similar as well.  This should help make the house look like a more inviting place to live.

Soon, we will need to make decisions regarding sinks and faucets.  But first, we have to take care of adding more electric outlets, so that a modern cook could have all of her appliances in use at the same time.

- - - - - -

After finishing with my brother, and then with Home Depot, it was off to Yonkers. Surprisingly
enough, I won a game tonight.  I guess I had better experience playing games such as "Texas Hold 'Em" than the others at my table.  (No, we weren't playing poker.  But the card game we were playing, Hocus, was very much like poker - and easy for me to play.) When that game was done, I left the table, and started gabbing with the two ladies at the meetup.

Sadly, the evening ended too soon, and with it, being Marian until next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment