Saturday, October 22, 2016

Anticipation - The order of the day


I can still remember the Heinz' Ketchup commercials where someone would do something silly, demonstrating how slowly the product would pour out of a glass bottle.  It only made sense to redesign the container, so that the pour spout (or, I should say, nozzle) would be at the bottom of the package, making it much easier to dispense the product.

Today was one of those days where anticipation would likely play a part.  I have been waiting for information regarding COBRA healthcare coverage since the beginning of the month, and I have doctors to see for which I need coverage.  I also had plans to see HWA, and gab for a few hours. And lastly, I had plans to see the cat lady again for dinner.

- - - - - -

Lately, I've been setting the alarm clock for 8:00 am, but getting up no earlier than 10:00 am. Today was no exception.  But it was HWA's phone call that got me out of bed, as she had to delay getting together for an hour. So I decided to read my email, and found out that the Cat Lady wanted me to reach her at 5:30 pm - right around rush hour.  AARGH!  I'd have to fight traffic to get over the Hudson River.

At 2:00 pm, I walked over to HWA's and we chatted for a couple of hours.  It was nice seeing her again, and she commented (in a pleasant way) that not knowing how I present myself until I meet her is an interesting surprise for her.  God, she loves to talk. But as they say, it takes one to know one.

I got out of her place around 4:30, and drove directly to Cat Lady's place.  Although I hit a bit of traffic, I'm glad I took the Bear Mountain route instead of the Tappan Zee Bridge, as I'd have never made to her place in a reasonable time.  She was ready when I got there, and we quickly went to the diner to have a bite to eat.  It was a leisurely dinner, and in our chat, I had a feeling that she might actually be a little more open TG's than I thought. (No, I didn't open up to her. But the conversation touched on the GLBT themes, as she had a closeted coworker who tried to keep his situation secret from her.)  By the time we left the diner, it was 8:00 pm or so, and I could sense how tired she was at the end of a long day.

- - - - - -

On the way home, I got a call from GFJ, and we were talking on my ride back home.  She was about 30 minutes behind me on the thruway, as she was trekking down to JFK Airport to pick up her son.  (She's going to be dead tired when she gets home.)  We talked about Pat (who won't be able to go to Open House NY tomorrow) and about the family homestead. It'll be nice seeing her again - but I hope she'll be awake....







No comments:

Post a Comment