Friday, October 7, 2016

Ambivalence about acknowledging the obvious


I finally had to file for unemployment. If I wanted to get my full benefits, it only made sense to take care of the process now.  But as of today, I have to actively search for work, and keep a record of that search for at least one year.

- - - - - -

As usual, I didn't have much energy when I woke up, and felt much more comfortable staying under my blanket.  My bedroom is a tolerable mess, but that's the same as it was before losing my job.

One of the things I had to do before the end of the month was to order my prescriptions while still covered by my current health insurance plan.  As I learned last time, once I step into the gap of "Uncovered, waiting for COBRA acceptance", dealing with new doctors and insurance can get a little confusing.  If I had known I was going to lose this job when I did, I'd have also scheduled an appointment with a dermatologist.  Now, I have to wait for two or three weeks until I can send in my acceptance and first payment.  AARGH!

- - - - - -

Again, I stayed in the house much of the day.  It didn't make sense to try to find people to meet in the daytime, as it would mean going out and spending money.  So I didn't get moving until 6:00 pm, and got dressed for my weekly game night venue.

As usual as of late, I didn't arrive until 8:30 pm.  Although I had all the time in the world to get there, I lollygagged and was barely able to get into the first game of the night.  It was fun playing games, and I feel so much more relaxed now, since I don't have to try to get up at 6:00 am anymore.  I just wonder how I'll feel when I eventually find work again.







No comments:

Post a Comment