Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A strange close to a weekend that ended for me on Monday


The Croton Dam.  This place has many memories for me, as I have been visiting the area since I was 18, and have been living here since I was 27.  It was here before I was born, and will be here long after I'm gone. And yet, it will be seen as an ancient artifact by future generations someday.

- - - - - -

GFJ was supposed to come here on Saturday night.  Unfortunately, she was feeling sick and preferred to stay home.  Had I known this was going to happen, I'd have visited the place below while in New York City.


I'm not a hot dog fan, but there is something special about this place that I will write about when I get the chance to visit.

- - - - - -

Sunday came, and both GFJ and I took it easy most of the day.  She didn't arrive here until 4:30 pm, and we took off for the park for a late afternoon short walk before eating dinner.  It was nice to see her again, but if I had known she'd get here so late, I'd have likely gone to church in Marian mode - something I haven't done in a while.

Dinner at the diner was predictable, and it was nice to be able to have someone else cook for us when neither of us had much energy. Afterwards, the two of relaxed at the apartment,  and we were in bed well before midnight.

- - - - - -

The next morning, it was more of the same. We got up late, and ate breakfast after noon.  Given how warm it was outside, I'm surprised that we didn't need the air conditioner on inside the place. But reality got in both our ways. GFJ had to take care of some details regarding work, and I had to send out some job applications.

For the most part, we spent the day in bed.  It was a very good say to relax and do nothing. But evening came too soon, and we had to get dressed and go out to see a free concert by the Army's Ambassadors of Jazz.  It was a nice concert, and well worth the price.  One catch, expect to see some excessive nationalism displayed - it is the Army, after all, who is on stage.

As we arrived home, I found a neighbor parked in my parking spot.  It seems like my neighbor in the next building couldn't find a parking spot for her rental car, and looked to park in my spot for a while.  I'd have had no problems, had she been willing to be blocked in until 11:00 am or so. But she ended up parking somewhere else in the complex.  We ended up chatting a bit, and she showed me something that could make even me a little paranoid.


What could be the thing hanging from the top of the door?  Given that there was a flashing red light on it, I can only guess that it was some sort of surveillance device.  But why would it be there?  The neighbor who showed this to me is the same one who showed the strange stuff left on her patio.


In addition to the sheet above, there were other pages which were solely in either Japanese or Chinese (I think the former), and a device that looked like a GPS. This woman, I believe, has a legitimate concern and feels she is powerless to do anything about it.  Right now, all she can do is document what is going on and wait for the right minute to act. And I find this sad.  Bullies get power when victims feel helpless, and this woman feels helpless. Until this is rectified, I'll likely be hearing more from this woman as the man above her gradually goes off his rocker....








No comments:

Post a Comment