Friday, September 2, 2016

Tonight, even a small touch of game night helped a lot!

It's amazing how much a week can change things.  Although not much has changed at the office, I'm feeling better - in part because I know my financial house won't burn down soon.  So, I was able to leave early today feeling that I'd enjoy being Marian tonight.

I stayed late at the office, as a couple of developments justified the extra work.  One was that the set up work for a client was done, and I had to tell the client that their testing can begin.  The other was making sure that another client's documentation was ready, and ready to go out in the morning.  And it is this client who was a little upset at me because I didn't keep them abreast of the status of a change they needed quickly.  (I won't go into details here, but it wasn't just me that was responsible for the delay. But I'm the one being paid to run this small show, and the one to blame if the show doesn't go on according to schedule.)

Even though I left the office 45 minutes late, I almost made the train I would normally take home on a Thursday.  Unfortunately, I made it to Grand Central as the train was leaving the platform.  So I killed time before casually making the 5:31 train home.  And again, I was late getting out of the house for game night - this time because I can't find the bras I put out of the way, so that my cleaning lady wouldn't see them.

Eventually I made it to Yonkers, and played a few rounds of Telestrations.  It's a fun game, but one where there are no winners or losers.  There were more people than usual there tonight, and I stayed later than usual as well.  I was glad I did, because I was again in a good mood when I left at 11:30 pm.....

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment