Sunday, September 18, 2016

Hemming and Hawing about adding more to an already overflowing closet.


Lately, a lot of clothing has been on sale at clearance prices.  And though it's hard to fit any more clothes into my closet, I keep getting tempted to buy more dresses for my collection - including the one in the photo above.

- - - - - -

As you can guess, I am one T-Gal who loves wearing dresses whenever she can. I love the way they feel, I love the way they look, and I love the way they make me feel feminine. And I have avoided separates for the most part, because they often bring attention to me having fat in a non feminine location or two.

I have found that I have a bias towards aquas and blues in my wardrobe, and I also enjoy wearing some earth tones as well.  But I'm trying to add some color to my wardrobe, and I've been looking at dresses like this.


During the summers of 2014 and 2015, I got spoiled.  I was able to go out en-femme as much as I wanted, and I realized that I wanted to live as much of my life in Marian mode as possible.  Could I ever look as good as these models?  No way!  But I've been told that I have an excellent presentation.

Now that I have a job, I don't have much opportunity to get out as Marian.  And I miss this very much.  If I am able to keep this job, I'll likely hold it for 4-5 years, and then retire a little early if the stock market permits it. If not, as I've noted before, I'd like to try to find work as Marian, and live as Marian at least 75% of the time. Why only 75%?  I'm assuming, for now, that there will be a woman in my life.

- - - - - -

Over the past two and a half years, I have developed a personal clothing style as Marian which is very different than the style I have as Mario.


Most of the time, Mario dresses blandly.  But that is a style that has worked for my male presentation for almost 20 years.  Since my body carries a lot more fat than either my doctor or I would like, there is not much I can do in male mode to look "sharp".  But in female mode, there is a sort of magic that works for me when I get dressed to go out.

So I keep looking for new frocks to wear, and gradually prune items from my closet over time.  But I have a problem that I keep trying to solve.  I love wearing dresses, and I want to keep the casual look as long as I can.


My problem will come when winter comes.  What can I wear that's purely feminine, that suburban women (in my area) will wear in cold weather?  So far, I tend to be a little bit dressy and enjoy sweater dresses.  But that only works well within New York City.

Even though the above may be a little thinner than the sweater dresses I like wearing, it looks like it would be comfortable for the cooler months of the year. And this may be part of my solution.

Right now, you might be wondering why I have chosen to show these dresses in this blog entry.  Well, I've been hemming and hawing about buying one (or more) of them, and when in doubt, I don't.  This is probably why I didn't go broke while unemployed.  Each time I bought a new frock, I knew I'd be wearing it. Although I made a few mistakes, I know more of what works on my body than I did a couple of years ago, and I think I dress better than many of the women I know.






3 comments:

  1. I like (read that share) your taste in dresses. They are my preferred mode of attire. I also share your issue with culling the lot. I have a lot of dresses, etc that I just do not think I will wear out and some other stuff that no longer fits right but I just cannot find the will to purge these items from the closet, even if the justification is to simply make room for new stuff.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like (read that share) your taste in dresses. They are my preferred mode of attire. I also share your issue with culling the lot. I have a lot of dresses, etc that I just do not think I will wear out and some other stuff that no longer fits right but I just cannot find the will to purge these items from the closet, even if the justification is to simply make room for new stuff.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat -

      I prefer dresses too. But when en-femme, I rarely wear anything resembling trousers. I prefer to wear garments that are totally feminine for two reasons. The first reason is that it helps signal femininity. The second reason is that they help me maintain the feminine image I want to present - and reminds me that my behavior should always be as feminine as possible.

      M

      Delete