Thursday, September 15, 2016

By the time I got home, my plans had changed


This is the view I see many a night as I walk to the subway. As much as I wish they had held off building at the World Trade Center site for a generation, in order to allow people to think of the use of this land with a clear mind, I think this building is a good addition to New York City's skyline. Sometimes, bureaucrats do get something right. And this building is right for the area.

Today was day #2 of 4 days without my boss. And I was able to complete most of the week's tasks by the end of the day.  Yet, I think I'll still have enough to fill my plate this week. Next week will be a problem for me, as both my boss will be back, and the work ahead of me has hit a short term dry spell. 

- - - - - -

Towards the end of the day, I gave my brother a call - and he has hit his point of exhaustion. Taking care of everything for my dad has sapped all of his energy.  We have a long way to go yet.  He now sees why I limit my visits to one weekend day per week.  And I hope that he learns how to manage his time so that he has an opportunity to recharge his emotional batteries.

Just as I was about to leave the office, he called me from the road - and continued our conversation from when he was in the office.  Of course, this prevented me from getting out early enough to catch the train I wanted.  As a result, I decided that a better use of my time would be to continue to clean up my room instead of going out as Marian.

- - - - - -

When I'm done tonight, I will have earned a good sleep.  Hopefully, it will be enough to make me feel rested in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment