Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Board, not Bored


"Board, not Bored."  This was the name of the meetup group where I met WDJ.  The meetup group no longer meets in Beacon, and it is no longer convenient for me to attend the group's meetings.  And this is an appropriate introduction for a day which involves a co-op board meeting.

- - - - - -

GFJ slept over last night, and I left my early morning alarm on so that she could get to Kingston to have her car serviced by the dealer.  (They didn't do something right involving her catalytic converter, and she had to take it back to have their repair finished.)  Shortly after she left, I went back to sleep, and didn't get up until noon.

A bit later, Lili called and wanted to know if we were still on for lunch.  Given that I was tired, and that I didn't want to go out as Marian and then change into Mario for the board meeting, I put off lunch until tomorrow.  This allowed me to relax until 5:00 pm, when I got showered, dressed, and ready to meet with the board.

Unfortunately, I can't give you any details about what happened in the meeting. But I can say we discussed issues regarding several residents, as well as issues involving the general maintenance of the property.  I wish that I didn't have to worry about protecting private information, as one could write a soap opera involving several of the key players' personalities.

After the meeting, HWV and I arranged to get together to chat on Friday.  No time was set, but I know there are things we need to talk about.  Then, HWA (another neighbor who knows I am Transgender, and with whom I have developed a friendship) and I got to talking - and we chatted for well over two hours after the meeting.  It's nice to know that there are people who care.

- - - - - -

Of course, there are other demands on my time that I have to address. I have to start refreshing my skill set, so that I can interview again.  I also need to start going to PMI meetings again, if I still want to try to make it in project management. And then, I have to finish up work with my brother on the family homestead, so that we can get it in shape to be rented out. 

At least I can again recharge my batteries properly....





No comments:

Post a Comment