Saturday, September 17, 2016

All I really wanted to do was rest.


All I really wanted to do today was rest.  Thankfully, my boss wasn't around, so I could take it easy.  But things will be difficult on Monday, as I didn't have enough tasks on my to-do list for the coming week.  And frankly, I need more to do.  If I'm missing things that I can do on the list, then I'll take the heat.  But if it's because he hasn't assigned me enough to do, then he's to blame.

- - - - - -

So when I got home, I again had a choice - do I go out as Marian, or do I stay home as Mario?  In order to help me decide, I tried reaching Pat.  But she wasn't home.  Then, I tried reaching BXM. But she is now babysitting a 10 year old every weekend.  I was not in the mood for another dose of retail therapy, so I stayed home.

When I got home, I decided to contact YGWM.  And she's still on for next weekend. But she asked me if I'd mind having her daughter come along with us, and I said no - she's more than welcome to come along. Yet, this now puts a slight crimp in my style.  I wanted to treat her to dinner, as she treated me for my birthday. And it'll be a little awkward to do so with a third wheel around.

- - - - - -

Right now, I'm dressed for bed over 3 hours earlier than usual.  And I might just go to bed early after a quick call to GFJ.  Tomorrow will be another trip to Long Island, and another day of work in a hot house with my brother.  Do I really want to see my dad afterwards?  No.  But he is my dad, and I will feel guilty if I don't do so.







No comments:

Post a Comment