Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A vacation in more ways than one.


Disneyland - a place where many parents feel that they must take their kids at least once, even though the prices are sky high.  This is where my boss and his family have gone for their vacation, and it is why I'm not feeling so bad going into the office.  In a way, it is a vacation for me, even though I have work that must get done.

- - - - - -

Today, GFJ and I left the house at the same time.  She left for a visit to her doctor, to find out what is wrong with her foot.  And I left to go to work, getting in to the office a little after she got to her doctor.  Normally, if I didn't dawdle at Grand Central, I'd be able to make it into the office in 2 hours flat. However, due to a smoke condition in Brooklyn, I made it to work late, and rushed into a 9:30 meeting at 9:40.  Luckily, all I had to do was answer one question, ask one question, then leave the room - and the person running the meeting was gracious enough to hold one person until I arrived for those two questions.

I won't go through the minutiae of work.  But I will mention that my brother texted me at lunch time to have me call him after work. So at 5:00 pm, I called my brother, and found out that my dad had another $7000 in assets - which will cost us a month's worth of nursing home expenses before medicaid kicks in.  My brother was totally frustrated with my dad, as he rightfully complains about my dad's sloppy habits, his incomplete efforts, and his lack of attention to everything throughout his life.  Yes, my brother needed to vent, and I was glad to be there for him.

- - - - - -

Making sure to leave the office at roughly 5:30 pm, I was able to make the 6:15 train with a minute to spare. Towards the end of my ride, I was able to capture this picture.


Although the photo quality isn't that great (I was shooting through a train window), I was impressed by the contrast between the sky, the land, and the water. It is one of the rare times that I'll shoot a picture from the train that faces away from the river.

When I got home, I had a decision to make.  Do I go out again as Marian?  Or, do I stay home and rest?  Resting won out tonight. 






No comments:

Post a Comment