Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Quickie: It could have been much worse


This man's name is Eganam Segbefia. And over the past few months, this man's skills in playing his horn have improved quite a bit.  Of course, when one plays a musical instrument for hours at a time in the subway, one can get paid for practicing.  And though he's not at the point that I would buy a CD of his, I enjoy listening to him play when I reach the Times Square shuttle.

Today was my 6 month anniversary at work.  It's hard to believe that I've made it this long. Unless someone in authority tells me not to worry, I'll always be walking on eggshells. As they say: "That's why they call it work!"  So I'll focus on the other, more pleasant parts of the day.  For example, for the first time in a while, I was able to wear a long sleeved shirt into the office, as the heat and humidity was low enough to make it comfortable. (But it was not cool enough to chase the women out of their skirts and into trousers. So that's a small blessing.)

When I see this gentleman, he is usually playing a well known tune. Often, he plays "The Flight of the Bumble Bee", and I joke about swatting the bee.  If he plays the "Saber Dance", I'll joke and ask where the Cosacks are.And if he plays the theme from "The Godfather", I'll compliment him on playing "Family Music".

One thing I know - I'll miss seeing him when one of us is no longer in the station on a regular basis.






No comments:

Post a Comment