Thursday, August 11, 2016

Quickie: And I was in the mood for some serious Retail Therapy.....


My long commute and an overactive boss got in the way of some needed retail therapy today, and I'm upset!  No, I'm not going to go off on a rant.  But, I will admit my frustration in finding any amount of time to explore the world in Marian Mode.

- - - - - -

It's been like forever since I've been to The Avenue in Newburgh, and if I want to get there before closing, I have to get home by 7:00 pm.  Today, I didn't leave the office until 6:30 pm, and there would be no way I'd get in any shopping time if I had switched modes and rushed out the door.

What is a T-Gal to do?

Well, I haven't seen BXM in ages, and we haven't had the chance to meet in months.  So, I'm going to see if I can catch up with her on Friday.  I'll get some much needed Marian time, as well as catch up with a friend.

- - - - - -

It looks like I'll break down and see the Cat Lady this weekend.  I'd like to catch up with her, but keep things very, very low key.  It takes a long while to develop something like what I have with GFJ, but I can't count on it lasting.  Until she is free of the Wasband, she has an excuse NOT to tell her family that she's dating someone.  And this puts a big roadblock in the way of me opening up any further with her.  (It also doesn't help that she tolerates me as Marian.)

The other day, a woman responded to the personal ad I have out as Marian.  She's comfortable with my feminine presentation even before she meets me.  But she is not likely to draw me away from GFJ, as her work doesn't pay well. and she isn't that well educated. In short, she's not likely to keep up with me, and would not inspire me to do the things I need to do with my life.

- - - - - -

Ideally, I'd find someone who accepts me as Marian.  But I doubt it will happen any time soon.  And I'm not too worried about that.

Now if only I could get some retail therapy in.



No comments:

Post a Comment