Sunday, August 21, 2016

My day out as Marian


Where do I start?  By the time I got moving, it was about 12:30 pm.  It was too late for things one does in the morning, but not late enough to say that I've wasted the day. 

- - - - - -

When I got moving, I called my new friend from OK Cupid (let's call her OCP for now) to shoot the breeze, but not to allow things to go further than being friends. I already see enough red flags that could get me into trouble, so all I want is to build a friendship with someone who accepts me as Marian, and is willing to have a friendship with me.  We were on the phone for an hour, and by the time we were done with the call, it was after 3:00 pm.

Although I had planned to be out of the house before 3:00 pm, I didn't mind taking it slow because the temperature was in the mid 90's with high humidity. Given that Vicki wasn't going to be available until 6:30 pm, I killed a little time by shoe shopping at The Avenue in Yonkers, and then slowly making it back up county to see Vicki.

Vicki and I didn't make a decision about about where to eat until I was already in Yorktown.  So I posed a few places to her, and then we settled on Little Sorrento on route 202/35.  We had a very enjoyable, and then talked about our current job situations.  She was a little shocked, but I said simply - sometimes a job is not a good fit, and a smart person doesn't give away his/her soul for a job late in one's career.

- - - - - -

After dinner, I called OCP again, and found out that she was really sick.  Her blood pressure went through the roof, and that explained her problems earlier in the day.  So, after that call, GFJ called - and I told her that I was on my way to the movies.  This was a true statement, as I was not yet in the mood to go home for the night.  Instead, I decided to drive to Fishkill, shop at Walmart, and then see a movie. 

One thing I like about going to the movies for the last show of the night is that most of the time, the theater is relatively empty.  By choosing the late show, one often has a better choice of seats, and one doesn't have to wait as long on line for a ticket. Many times, I've been one of a handful of people in the theater, and it's nice to be able to stretch out a little. So when I decided to see Star Trek, I realized that it would be a formula picture. And it followed the predictable, and comfortable pattern that I expected.  The only thing I couldn't predict was something in a scene close to the ending, where a picture of the original cast was shown on screen - a last homage to the original crew, three of which are no longer with us....

And on that note, I'll end this entry.  I simply don't have much to say today.







No comments:

Post a Comment