Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I had a choice, and I stayed home.


I normally wouldn't even bother with bathroom pictures, but this one looked interesting. And given the furor over transgender people going to the bathroom these days, I figured that a little potty statement would be a good opening for today's post.

- - - - - - 

As I like to say these days - "work is work" and let it go from there.  My love of the job is gone, and part of me wants to get on with the rest of my life. But I'll "keep on keeping on" for now, as I could use every last cent I can save before the hammer falls.

So, at roughly 6:00 pm, I left the office, though I could have found a little more work to do, figuring that if I got home by 7:45 pm, I'd have a chance to quickly change into Marian and do some retail therapy at The Avenue in Newburgh, seeing some friendly faces on the sales floor.  However, when I got home, I decided to stay in and relax - as I need to do this more than I needed some retail therapy.

- - - - - -

Being home doesn't mean that I don't look at online catalogs.  You'll regularly see this T-Gal surfing the sites of the Plus Size Women's stores.  And I've found some interesting stuff that is helping to keep my closet jam packed. Yet, with unemployment looming, I know enough not to go into debt. Nothing I do, shopping, dining, or anything else puts me in a position where I can't pay off my bills with money from my current paycheck.

The only thing that would drain my bank account (and it has been planned for a while) is the cruise I'll be taking this fall.


This cruise has twice as many stops as the cruise I took last year, and I'll probably stay on the ship 95% of the time when in port.  The British colonies are known for their conservative attitudes regarding the GLBT population, and I'm smart enough to avoid trouble by staying on board where there is a nice pool and cold drinks.

I'm looking forward to this trip.  But if I have money next year, it'll be a completely different type of vacation - a vacation where I can travel in America, have more freedom to me me, as well as more freedom to explore the outside world.... 






 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment