Friday, August 12, 2016

Game night - I sure needed it!


The only thing I'll say about work today is that I could have stayed an extra hour or two cleaning up after things.  So instead, I took my meeting notes home and compiled them before going to sleep after game night.

- - - - - -

At lunch, I got a call from Lili.  It looks like she'll be bidding on a "tear down" house at the end of her easement.  This house is landlocked by Lili's property, and it has little value after being vacant for years.  So Lili made an opening bid (low ball) for the property, looking to see if the lender holding the title will bite.  If she gets the property, she'll be tearing down a house built in the 1930's, replacing it with one with all the modern conveniences - including a hot tub in which I can go and soak wearing my new swimsuit.

After I got home, I took care of some errands, and changed into Marian Mode.  Although I got out quicker than usual, I still ended up getting to the gaming venue at 8:30 pm.  Tonight was interesting - I played a couple of new games, and met a new woman who is likely trying to expand her circle of acquaintances. Hopefully, she'll be back - but I doubt it. She is not much of a game player.  

- - - - - -

On the drive home, I talked to GFJ for the second time of the day.  I often find it easier to give her a call on the way home from game night, simply because I know she's up, and I have to focus on something to stay alert at the end of my day.

I'll miss GFJ this weekend, as she's going to a wedding on Saturday.  Sad for her, it looks like there will be scattered showers that may spoil the atmosphere at the wedding.  The bride invited too many people, and too many people said YES.  So if the rains come as expected, they will all be cramped in a small venue and unable to move around.  

As for me, I'll keep myself busy.  But I wish she were to be here with me.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment