Thursday, August 18, 2016

Another missed opportunity


It's been a long time since I've seen TC, and tonight could have been the night we'd have finally had drinks together.  Unfortunately, the demands of my job got in my way again.  Luckily, I clued TC into my problem with tonight, and we'll try to get together soon.

- - - - - -

So what did I do tonight?

After work, I went home and started laundry.  And then, I had a chat with a woman who responded to my personal ad presenting as Marian.  We've been chatting online for several days, and we finally got the chance to talk.  Both of us are looking for friends and not lovers, so I consider it safe to get together with her (maybe over the weekend) and meet someone for whom my going out as Marian is a non-issue.

This will be a weekend without GFJ.  She has both of her sons over, and she doesn't want them knowing she's dating.  So I will be attending a pot luck supper of the Hudson Valley Poly group.  It'll be the first time I've seen Sherry in ages, and it'll feel like "old home" weekend.  If I were to see this other lady afterwards, I'd still have time to get in some shopping in Newburgh.

- - - - - -

But work calls.  I have to set up my office computer, and monitor a software deployment.  Of course, I'd rather not have taken the computer home. Yet, the alternative would have been worse - staying in lower Manhattan until almost midnight, and getting home by 2-3 am. If this deployment is the last thing I do for this job, I'll be satisfied.  I've done my best. Even if it wasn't good enough, I can say that I gave it my all.


No comments:

Post a Comment