Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Another good day at work - will wonders never cease?


I only met this lady once. And in one 60 minute presentation, I remembered her forever.  And now, I'm approaching the age she was when I attended an ACM meeting on Long Island to hear her speak. For the most part, I see very little activity in the ACM these days.  The ability to program a computer became common by 1990, and by 2000 the age of "Big Iron" was almost over. Yet, my career with these machines lasted another 15 years or so, until the business that gave me a good paycheck became obsolete.

- - - - - -

Today was the second of three days where my boss was not around. And this made things much easier for me, as I did not have him commenting on what I did and didn't know.  So when I had a meeting with the client, I was able to breeze through my agenda (admittedly short) and get key information about this client's needs.  If I had more time to prepare, I'd have had a longer list of questions to ask of the client.  But I think he was glad that I took up as little time as I did, as he was booked for back-to-back meetings all day.

As much as I could have stayed late and gotten more work done, I decided to go home and take care of my own needs. Although I have another two loads of laundry to take care of, I'm not going to operate washers and dryers in a laundry room where the lights aren't working. I'll take care of this need tomorrow or Friday - it all depends on whether I am able to go to the Whine and Dine tomorrow to see a movie with the girls.

- - - - - -

I was talking with GFJ this evening, and started cleaning off my desk. Her mom called, and she forgot to call me back.  Both of us are exhausted, and I'll bet that I miss making it to the dealer's service department for overdue periodic service this weekend.

And now back to cleaning up near my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment