Friday, August 19, 2016

A night I could have gone and played some games


It was a long day at work, and it could have been much longer - except it was Thursday, and I usually leave the office around 4:00 pm.  However, several things got in the way, and I was stuck there until 5:00, and could have easily stayed another couple of hours. Although I will not say how I screwed up today, I made a mistake that could get me in big trouble if anyone notices. Yet, it should fall through the cracks with no ill effect, if all goes right.

- - - - - -

By the time I got home, I could have rushed to get showered, changed, and out the door as Marian, then made it to game night.  This was not the case.  I have a rough time limit, that if I don't feel I can make it to game night by 8:30 pm or so, then it isn't worth going.  So, with an ETA of 8:45 pm, I knew I wouldn't get to play any games without being a little disruptive to the flow of things.  As a result, I changed direction, and decided to do some retail therapy in Newburgh.

I arrived around 9:00 pm, enough time to look around for interesting clothes, and to shoot the breeze with the salesladies there.  Of course, DD was there.  So it was like old home week.  Sadly, she told me, that the former manager's husband had a series of strokes, and that she had to quit to take care of him.

There is a woman my size who orders online, and returns items she doesn't want to the store. That is how I found a dress that fits and looks good on me in the clearance rack.  It's a shame that The Avenue only carries Summer dresses in the store. But more suburban women prefer the convenience of trousers, and as a result, the stores carry the clothing that sells in their markets.  At least they carried this dress online and I was lucky enough to find it on the rack:


Now, if only I had some hips.  One of these days, assuming I go on hormones, I will have a better fat distribution in that area.

- - - - - -

This weekend will be one without GFJ.  I'm not sure if I'm interested in going to Sherry's for the Hudson Valley Poly group if there is less than a handful of people there.  Yes, it'd be nice to catch up with people again. But I'm not sure if I want to spend a rare Saturday in Marian Mode to be with this group.  With an expected 94 degree temperature and high humidity, being in an air conditioned room doesn't sound that bad.

Strangely enough, several of my friends who know me only as Marian will not be available this weekend. YGWM is tending to her husband's family visiting their home.  YGM may be going to Six Flags if it doesn't rain.  Luckily, Vicki should be available - if she can break free of work taken home, preparing her replacement for the day Vicki leaves her corporate home of 25 years.

- - - - - -

If it weren't for the disgusting hot and humid weather, I'd have gone to a women's meetup that's going to see an off-Broadway play I've wanted to see.  Since I won't go into the city when I'll be uncomfortable being there, this is one event that is crossed off the calendar. 
Hopefully, I'll get another chance to catch up with this group in the fall.  The more women friends I can make, the easier I will have it with a social transition into being Marian 24x7. And that's what it is all about.





No comments:

Post a Comment