Thursday, August 4, 2016

A busy day, and I feel I accomplished little.


Busy, Busy, Busy....  A woman's work is never done.   And this was true of me today, as I juggles several tasks at once at work, took care of a dental appointment when I got home, and then visited Lili to make sure that she had something to eat in the evening after her colonoscopy.

- - - - - -

I won't go into the details of work.  But I can say that I easily could have used an extra two hours worth of sleep before going in to the office. On the ride home, I found a seat - a rarity on the subway at 5 pm. And I was reasonably comfortable for the trip home - being able to take a quick cat nap.  When I reached Tarrytown, I looked at my phone and found a message - my dentist called, and said that my hygienist would be 20 minutes late.  This is exactly what I needed to be ready for the dental visit, as I wanted to brush today's food residue out of the way before the periodic cleaning.

As expected, there was no problem at the dentist, and I decided to call Lili up, and see if I could visit.  It's been a while since we got together, and even longer since she has seen me as Mario. So it was off to her place, Chinese food in hand, where we chatted for an hour.  Although she wanted me to sleep over, there was no way I'd do that.  I wasn't going to deal with getting up at 5:30 am just to get dressed, stop by my place, and then go into work.

So... At 10:30, I left Lili's, and trekked home.  There really isn't much to say about today.  No transgender related adventures.  No interesting things going on at work.  And no new developments around my dad.  In short, it was a busy day, and yet, totally boring.

- - - - - -

With all this being said, I should mention that the "Cat Lady" from New Jersey has boldly suggested that we go on a date.  I may do so, but explain that I haven't had enough time to recharge my batteries as of late, and have been keeping my social activities to a minimum while things are up in the air regarding my dad, his house, and my responsibilities to each.  Yes, there is a part of me that is hedging my bets with GFJ.  But there is also a part of me that hopes she can find someone who would appreciate both Mario and Marian.  Is that too much to ask?




No comments:

Post a Comment