Sunday, July 24, 2016

Quickie: What would it be like to have real hair, instead of wearing wigs?


No, I'd never want hair this long.  But there is a part of me that is very envious of her - she CAN grow hair on ALL of her head.  No alopecia for her!

- - - - - -

What would it be like for me if I had long hair?  Well, in Mario Mode, I'd have to wear it in a pony tail, like Willie Nelson.  But when in Marian Mode, I could style it accordingly.  This could be a great advantage for me, as I'd be able to take a good soaking dip in a pool while presenting as female.  (Mind you, there would be other issues that get in the way.  So I'm thinking more about what I could do post-transition.)

Many of us, myself included, can not ever go outside en-femme without a wig.  And this makes it a real pain when the weather gets hot.  Cisgender women can pull their hair back, so that they can feel more comfortable.  People like me have to suffer in silence, as we must keep our wigs on.

- - - - - -

Given the choice, would you choose to have long hair?

  

2 comments:

  1. Mine wasn't quite that long, but it was at least mid-back through my twenties
    I so miss having hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the reverse side of that coin...I've had long hair for going on 20 years, and I'm getting closer to 70 with every birthday. To be sure, mine is not as long as the picture (it doesn't grow like it used to.) But if it would grow to mid-back, I'd happily keep it that length. (It won't.)

    Yes, I'm so "attached" to my long hair that if it ever begins the process of thinning and falling out, when it reaches "that point," I'll probably always wear a long-hair wig in public...it's such a part of my image - both androgynous and female.

    But every day, I'm thankful that I've been blessed to still have my long hair this late in life...

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete