Friday, July 29, 2016

Game Night - and I had my distractions

Tonight, I was late (as usual) for game night - but it didn't matter much.  I was able to get a couple of games in before things started to break up.

- - - - - -

The routine at the office is exhausting, and I've resigned myself to do my best, but to be prepared for the worst.  So, when 4:00 pm came around, I took care of a little business with my boss - and left the office about 30 minutes late.

Although I got home early enough to be at games by 8:00 pm, I ended up taking much more time than expected.  Part of the problem was, that like most women, I had no clue about what I'd wear this evening. So, after a quick shower to rinse off the subway grime, I pulled a dress out of the closet and got ready for game night.

Arriving in Yonkers, there were saveral games in progress, but I was able to get into one relatively quickly. And then we played Guillotine - a simple game, and a nice way to pass the time.  After this, one of the ladies pulled out a game I like, Tokaido, and we proceeded to play that game as well.  Of course, I didn't win any games tonight - but I had fun while losing.

- - - - - -

While playing games, I was paying attention to two cell phones.  On one, I was having a conversation with YGWM.  And on the other, I was paying attention to Andrew Sullivan's live blogging of the GOP convention.  This is a bad habit that I'm letting form, and I have to break it soon.  (What did we ever do without cell phones?)  At least YGWM knows with whom she is spending her birthday.... 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment