Monday, June 27, 2016

The most confusing day in some communities.


If you haven't heard the joke, it goes:

      Q: "What is the most confusing day in 'xxxxxxxx'?"

      A: "Father's Day!"

Well, there was no confusion for me today, but a hell of a lot of traffic to deal with, coupled with a minor GI tract ailment that took care of itself late in the afternoon.

- - - - - -

Last night, I got home late from the play, and didn't get to sleep until well after 3:00 am.  Of course, waking up at 7:00 am was a curse, and I made the mistake of removing my elephant before going back to sleep.  So I felt like I needed much more sleep when I started to get ready to see my dad. 

The traffic was terrible getting to Long Island, and I didn't reach my brother's house until 2:30 pm. Even then, my dad wasn't ready to go out to the diner (he wasn't dressed yet), so we gave him 45 minutes.  By the time we picked him up and brought him to the diner, it was about 4:00 pm.  My dad looks horrible, as he hasn't been eating much in a while.  By past standards, he looks emaciated, and this may also be a factor why his memory is failing.

Just after dinner, my GI tract wanted to tell me who is boss, and I was lucky to have a clean rest room nearby.  But once I was done, I felt comfortable enough to go out to J.C.Penney and pick up some clothes for Mario.  (I wish I could have been in Marian Mode, as there was a Catherine's "almost" across the street from Roosevelt Field.

Getting back from Long Island was terrible. If I had been able to get home quickly, I might have gotten into Marian Mode and called Lili.  But I didn't have plans for this, and was glad I didn't, as I only made it home around 8:00 pm.

- - - - - -

Could I have used more Marian time this weekend?  Yes.  But at least, I had a great night out on Saturday....



No comments:

Post a Comment