Monday, June 20, 2016

The high point of my day was a laundry basket


Normally, I attribute my sneezing to the allergies I have.  This week, I noticed a tickle in my nose just before I put on my CPAP mask, and I knew that I was in for the symptoms of a summer cold. So when I went to YGM's on Saturday, I was sure to have lots of tissues on hand, so that I could keep my nose dry. But I didn't expect that this would affect GFJ's stay...

As noted before, when I got home, I switched from Marian Mode to Mario mode so that GFJ would only see Mario this visit.  (This will be a problem in the long term if we decide to live together.  She will have to get used to seeing Marian in passing, as I will want to maintain the life I've built so far as Marian.)  When she finally arrived, it was time to go out to dinner - and I was dealing with a runny nose through the evening.

The next morning, GFJ had a decision to make.  She wanted to stay and snuggle, as this would be the last chance to do so for a while. (She goes on vacation next weekend, and will be away for 10 days. We likely won't be able to snuggle much until it's almost July.) But she didn't want to travel with a cold - and I can't blame her, having traveled once while dealing with the flu.  Unfortunately for me, she decided to leave.  But this allowed me to get another couple of hours of sleep.

When I woke up again, it was late afternoon, and the only thing worth doing was laundry.  I thought I had 3 loads to do. But I found out that I had another 2 loads stashed in the closet, plus another load of towels to do when I get around to them.  So, instead of going out in Marian Mode and doing something like visiting BXM or seeing Pat, I ended up lugging my laundry up and down the stairs to the laundry room.  At least, I got my exercise in for the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment