Thursday, June 30, 2016

New Yorkers have heard of the sick passenger on the subway. Now, I've seen him.


On the way home from work tonight, I saw this commotion at Times Square while I was trying to reach the shuttle to Grand Central.  This gentleman had a bunch of EMT's around him as well as a few policemen from NYC Transit helping to keep order.  Of course, this meant that there was no one to tell us that one of the three shuttle trains between the two stations was not working, and that the mass of people had to find room for half again as much people as a train would normally carry between the two stations.

Reaching home, I decided to see Lili before she went away on a vacation to Europe.  Even she sees that I am totally exhausted at the end of the day, and told me to go home rather than stay around keeping her company.  This is just as well, as I was ready to fall out when I got home - but decided to find the energy to write this entry before passing out.

Of course, as luck would have it, when I sat down in the chair by my computer desk to write this entry, one of the wheels cracked - and I'll probably replace the chair instead of trying to find a replacement wheel. The armrests are shot, and it doesn't give me the support I need any more. So it's much easier for me to buy a good replacement instead of throwing good money after bad.

I can't wait until tomorrow when I can go out with the ladies again.  It'll be nice to be in Marian Mode one more time, and it'll be nice to be with a new group of women.

PS: The fellow in the picture was able to sit up by the time I left the station.  I hope he's OK now.




No comments:

Post a Comment