Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Memorial Day


Most people don't realize it, but America is like Ancient Rome - a nation whose power is derived from its military.  Unlike Ancient Rome, America has fought wars on almost every inhabited continent in the world.  And America dominates the world in ways that the Ancient Romans could only dream.

What does this have to do with being transgender?  Our military reacts slowly to social change, in part, because it is supposed to reflect ALL of America - not just people who couldn't get out of serving when we needed to fight a war.  But now, there is resistance to transgender people serving in the military - just like the resistance that existed for Gays and Lesbians.  And I expect that the military's resistance will ebb, once they see h ow many former service members are transgender.

I am grateful for the people who sacrificed their lives so that we could enjoy ours.  Hopefully, in some future generation, we won't need to fight wars.  But in over 5,000 years of recorded history, there have been virtually no periods of real peace.

- - - - - -

Did I go to any official celebration?  No.  I stayed asleep until noon.  And I needed the rest.  By the time I got moving, I was out the door and aiming to be in Yonkers by 5:30 pm to hang out with the meetup group and enjoy a game or two.  Although I played one game (and lost), I spent most of my time with the other ladies and had a very enjoyable time with the gals.  As I've said before, if I'm not in a relationship with a woman who can accept my bi-gender nature, I intend to live my life 24x7 as a woman and socialize as such.

When I was done with gaming in Yonkers, I decided to drive over to New Jersey and see what Catherine's had in bras for a gal of my size.  But I got there after the store closed.  Not so with The Avenue (at a nearby mall), where I picked up some costume jewelry.  And then it was time to go home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment