Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Drinks with the "Big Boys".


Today was the day of the "All Hands" meeting at the office.  Our CEO (for our line of business - we have a degree of functional autonomy from the rest of the company) came to town to announce good news.

This visit required that Mario looked his best, but not overdressed for the day.  My boss was wearing a business jacket (something he rarely does at work), and all but one person skipped denim for the day.  As luck would have it, there were too many people in attendance to schedule the meeting for a conference room. So I had an effective front row seat, as my desk was next to where the big cheese was speaking.

I've noticed one thing that I'll have to bring up to my doctor one day.  On days that I'm stuck in a boring meeting and have forgotten to take my blood pressure pills, I find it easier to stay awake during the meeting.  (No, I did not try to forget - I noticed it today, after I accidentally hid my pill case when searching for my keys.)  But, if all things are equal, and if I have taken my blood pressure pills, I do feel tired.  Could it be that not enough blood is getting to my brain?

After work, we moseyed down to a local pub and started drinking on the company expense card.  I noshed on some finger food while downing a couple of beers - and made small talk with a few people.  One problem - the room was too crowded. and the air conditioning too weak. I was dripping wet with sweat by the time I left the place, and didn't cool off until I was almost home.

Would I have liked the chance to go out as Marian today?  Yes!!!  The rest of the week will likely be in the high 80's, and it'll be no fun rushing home to change into Marian, then play games on Thursday.  At least, I'll be able to work from home on Friday, given that it's the day before a 3 day weekend....






No comments:

Post a Comment