Thursday, May 5, 2016

Too pooped to pop

There is little rhyme or reason for today's picture.  WDJ was home, and I could have called her up to go out for a late cup of coffee.  However, when I was "this" close to falling asleep on the ride home, I chose the safe thing to do - even though it meant not being able to go out en-femme and see a friend who came in from out of town for a month or so.

I've missed the chance to see WDJ for a while.  She has been living out of state, and this has been a good thing for her as I understand it.  (I'll find out more when I see her, but I doubt she'll let me say much more than I already have done.) She asked about the Whine and Dine crew in an email, and I mentioned that they seem to be meeting (at the last minute) on a 4-6 week basis.  I doubt that they will be meeting again while she's here - and I know that will put a slight damper on things for her.

Since I was too tired to go out tonight, I figured that it was time to do some laundry.  Of course, I didn't call the company maintaining our machines last night - so the same machine was out of order again tonight.  Luckily, I could get away with doing a single load - and let the rest wait until the weekend.  Of course, when I mention the weekend, GFJ comes up.  And I know that she won't be too happy if I try to get out early, so that I can finally get my oil changed and tires rotated.  But if I got out real early, I'd be back early as well - and ready for a nice breakfast with her.  

Soon, Mother's Day weekend will be upon us, and I'm trying to hook up with one of the people I met on last year's cruise.  No, I only want a friendship.  But she's in the city Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays - and I'll have a free night in town to get together with her.  (If I'm lucky, I'll also be able to go to a "Gal Pals" meetup as well.  Only my schedule knows for sure - I certainly don't know anything yet.)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment