Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Playing Catch-Up


Sometimes in life, one has to play catch-up.  Lately, for me, it has meant that I have to find ways of catching up with long delayed errands and chores.  But the one that keeps coming back for more is laundry.  I have just enough clothes in Mario's wardrobe to go to work for a week without wearing the same garment twice.

- - - - - -

Recently, I did some minor, but urgent maintenance on the tile work in my bathroom. Then, I've been playing catch up with more loads of laundry than I have the time to do during a normal week.  And the latest thing I needed to do was buy a new air conditioner.   

At work, it's taking me much longer than I want to get tasks done, and we're in danger of running late because of diluted efforts from myself and a coworker in performing the setup tasks for a new client.  Years ago, I'd have had the energy to maintain my focus for another couple of hours and get some of the setups out the door. But this was not the case for me today.  I was fried by the time 6:30 pm came around.

Of course, I have to play catch up when it comes to maintaining contact with my friends.  Joanie has been trying to contact me, and whenever I return her call, she's unavailable.  WDJ was here for a short stay, and if it wasn't for me saying that we should meet for a late bite to eat, that we'd have missed each other this visit.  No longer do I have the convenience of metting many of my friends in the day time.

Even when it comes to family, I'm behind the 8-Ball.  It's not easy for me to see my dad on weekends, as GFJ is over here - and I don't want to make her a regular companion when I visit family until she does the same with her family.  So, when my dad was in the hospital lately, I made sure that I could get out to see him via commuter railroad. This way, I didn't have to sacrifice a day with GFJ.

- - - - - -

Getting out and about as Marian has taken a distant second place to me going to work. So, when I go to my games meetup on Thursday night, I always seem to be running late - simply because I have too much to take care of in the short time I'm at home.  As a result, I've been getting to the meetup venue about 30-45 minutes late.  This is not good, as I still like to be punctual....

Sooner or later, I'll be caught up on life.  Until then....

   

No comments:

Post a Comment