Monday, May 16, 2016

Mother's Day with Lili


As much as my relationship with my mother was terrible, it was not as bad as the relationship between Joan Crawford and her daughter.  And for that, I'm grateful....

- - - - - -

I had virtually no energy to get up in the morning - I was totally exhausted from all of the week's activities, and I never took the chance to get enough rest.  Today, my body told me that I had to get that much needed rest.

By the time I got moving, it was very late in the afternoon.  I showered for the first time in the newly caulked and grouted shower area, and was glad that I took the time out to do this job on Saturday.  Although I have more to do in one area, it is not critical as it is more of a cosmetic touch up.

Lili was not able to get moving either, and we ended up meeting at the local Chinese buffet at 6:00 pm.  As expected, it was very crowded, and we ended up waiting for an hour before we got our seats.  It was nice to see her son and daughter in law again.  But it was not nice to know that I'd have every temptation to overeat - and ended up doing so.

- - - - - -

Although I don't yet have photos of the outfit I was wearing, I noticed a faux-pas in how I dressed.  The way I put my leggings and underwear on (to both keep me properly tucked in, and to prevent my leggings from sliding down) may have resulted in accidental exposure of the underwear due to the slits on the side of my tunic dress.  (I treat the garment as a long tunic and not a dress.  This way, I have a top that fits me well....)

Lili liked this outfit, and liked one of the choices I plan to buy soon.  Hopefully, I'll have developed a comfortable, and casual style which is easy to dress up as needed.  But until I am comfortable with things, I will continue to experiment with my clothes.  By the time I am able to retire, I want to look like a classy woman of retirement age - and blend in with my female peers. It'll be nice to be able to do this on a planned time frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment