Sunday, May 29, 2016

Air Conditioning ....AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!


The modern air conditioner.  If it weren't for this device, it wouldn't make much sense for many of us to live near the "big city" in summer.  Yet, it wasn't that long ago that most of us had to endure the unbearable heat and humidity of summer in the city.  Can you imagine me switching from Mario mode to Marian mode while sweat poured from my body?  I certainly can't....

- - - - - -

Last night, I was instructed to call an automated response line after 9:00 pm to find out the time window in which my air conditioner would be delivered.  And the machine on the other end of the line informed me that I would be in the 8:30 am - 12:30 pm block.  No problem. When I went to sleep, I made sure that my alarms were set for 7:00 am and 7:30 am.  This way, I'd be able to put on some clothes (sadly, Mario's) before the delivery men came.  So, it was no surprise to find out that I was the first person on the list, when the delivery man called to tell me that he'd be here at 8:00 am.

Sure enough, the two gentlemen were here at 8:00 am, air conditioner "in hand".  It took a small amount of effort to remove the A/C unit.  But the fellow noticed a wasp nest inside the sleeve.  So he wanted me to see if I had some bug spray - which I couldn't find.  (He then told me to get some wasp spray and apply it inside the sleeve - which I'll do some other day, and the unit will keep those pests outside of the apartment.)  Before the wasps had enough time to do their thing (read: escape and sting), the two men slid the new unit in, secured it, and got out the door.  I didn't even have time to hand them any money for a tip....

- - - - - -

Of course, this gave me the chance to spend the rest of my day in Marian mode.  And that, is an unexpected blessing....


No comments:

Post a Comment