Sunday, May 15, 2016

A post started ahead of the task at hand....


Trust me, the tiles and grout in my bathtub area look much worse than this.  And noticing that the grout between the tiles has failed after taking sitz baths for the better part of the week, I realized that this task had to be taken off the back burner, and made a high priority for today.

- - - - - -

As I mentioned last night, I went to Walmart, and found out that they did not have tile grout or grout scraping tools.  So it means that once I finish getting dressed as Mario, I'll have to make a run to the hardware store and pick up what I need for the task, then run home to make a mess of my bathroom.  I shouldn't be saying that I'll make a mess.  But I know that I don't do this every day, and that my work will only be serviceable.  

Once I'm done, I intend to change into Marian and go out.

- - - - - -

Well, things didn't work out as planned.  I had to think of a quick way to stabilize the tiles underneath my soap dish, and that involved me going out yet another time to the hardware store and picking up some adhesive - and attaching a couple of tile segments to part of the baseboard behind it that was starting to fail.  I figure that if I have a watertight seal (caulk and grout around those tiles, the baseboard will stop deteriorating, and I'll have time before I need to contract out a bathroom remodel job to Bath Fitters for about $5k-$8k. (At least this would add to my minimal cost basis on the apartment.)

Now that the caulk is starting to dry, I have to figure out when I start with the grout.  If possible, I want this whole job done by the time I need to shower tomorrow morning, as I'd like to be able to go to church again - I'm not sure of which one....
  
 PS: I grouted the bathroom shortly before I went to bed, and slept well....

No comments:

Post a Comment