Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Thinking of having a Dim Sum lunch


Dim Sum - Chinese "Tea Lunch".  Or, as I say - YUM!  

- - - - - -

I wasn't thinking of Dim Sum when I started the day. However, things changed when I was in a meeting, where 3 of us were being trained by our boss in the nuances of the product that we are to support.  One lady came in from an out of town office, and was leaving town at 4:00 pm.  Of course, this left her little time to do anything except go to Chinatown for lunch.  So I suggested Dim Sum....

My boss thinks that Dim Sum Go Go to be the best value in Chinatown. And based on my experience with their former Beacon, NY outlet, I'd agree that they are to be top rated.  So this was the place that we told this lady to visit on her short trip here.  But this started my craving for Dim Sum to start waking way below my level of consciousness.

When I got home from work, I immediately went to my co-op board meeting, and did not even bother go to my apartment. After taking care of our business, I chatted with the co-op board president, and it looks like we'll be going to Aberdeen for Dim Sum this weekend. And this will be my chance to be en-femme for the day while GFJ goes out hiking with her friends.

- - - - - -

I strongly miss my time en-femme.  Although I now have the money to afford updates to my feminine wardrobe, I don't have the time to live en-femme the way I want to.  When the Summer comes, I'll be envying many of the women working near where I work. But I hope to find opportunities to spend more of my time en-femme while GFJ goes out and spends her time in the great outdoors.

The other day, GFJ mentioned that both of us need to get into better shape.  And I told her that I don't mind walking.  Both of us have trouble with stairs - GFJ more so than I do.  In the 6 weeks since I started work, I do not have to pause while climbing the second flight of stairs coming out of the subway and on to Fulton Street on my way to work.  Yes, I am devoid of energy when I get out of the subway entrance. But this is not because of the stairs.  Instead, it's because my body is still getting used to being in motion.

- - - - - -

Hopefully, I'll find ways of both spending time with GFJ and spending time en-femme when more cisgender women are wearing their skirts and dresses.  It's one thing to be transgender.  But having to tamp down that side of me is a major drain on my psyche, and something I hate in the trade off I've made to have a decent standard of living....

   



 

1 comment: