Saturday, April 16, 2016

Quickie: A few Hours out as Marian


A post out of sequence....  Sometimes, I get all discombobulated in regards to this blog, and this week was one of those weeks where events got in the way of me having enough time to write my usual posts....

- - - - - -

This Wednesday, I decided to spend some time out in Marian Mode.  It's unusual for me these days to do so, as I get home too late to change into Marian and do anything meaningful en-femme.  However, I haven't seen my favorite saleslady in a while, and I wanted to see if the size 13-W shoes I saw on my last visit to The Avenue were still there for me to buy.

Instead of leaving the office at 5:30-6:00 pm, I left a smidgen early - about 5:10 pm or so.  This allowed me to make the 5:45 pm train, and I was able to get home by 7:00 pm, change into Marian Mode, and then be on the road before 8:00 pm.  This allowed me to get to Newburgh by 8:45-9:00 pm, and I was able to have the pleasant chat I haven't been able to have for a long while....  Sadly, the shoes I wanted to look at were gone, but that only means that I'll have to mail order one pair - a replacement for a pair of Mary Janes whose heel is too worn out for me to feel comfortable wearing them....  (They were very comfortable shoes, and I hate replacing them.) 

On the way home, I stopped into the local Walmart for some food and cosmetics. As I was leaving, one woman approached me (and others) asking if she could get a ride back to Poughkeepsie.  The story she was giving was that the magnetic stripe on her credit card wasn't working, and that she needed a ride home.  One problem - If one lives "up North", one either has a car, or is absolutely sure to have money for the cab ride home - if out late at night.  To get rid of her, I took $1 out of my purse - and handed it to her.  If she really needed help, I gave her some.  If she was a "professional beggar", she had a patsy.  Either way, it was more important for me to get into my car and get home without problem - and my last mission for the day was accomplished....


No comments:

Post a Comment