Friday, April 1, 2016

It's a Small World after all....


Today was a Thursday, and another evening in Yonkers playing games.  And again, I found myself in a position where I left the office early, and got out of the house late.

- - - - - -

But first.... 

Work was slow today, and the training we were supposed to get was postponed due to a production problem.  Without enough sleep, I was dragging tail throughout the day, and was having problems making it look like I was working.  (My job, right now, is to study what I can about the system I'll be deploying for our clients - and I'm itching to do the kind of work that will make what I've studied become real to me.)  Although I could have stayed a little late and enjoyed a few drinks (courtesy of our Indian vendor), I left the office at my usual time for a Thursday so I could make game night.

When I got home, I took care of a few little things that took up a lot of time.  So I ended up leaving late, and got to game night as they had just gotten a game ready to be played.  Even though I had played the game before, I forgot the rules. But I finally won this game (Smallworld), by simply having several positions on the board that no one cared to attack.

Later on, we played another game (can't remember the name), and it was nice to be referred to as one of the ladies.  It's nice to be accepted as a woman - even when people know I'm transgender....

No comments:

Post a Comment