Saturday, April 9, 2016

April Fool's Day


I never thought I'd catch one person, much less three with the "Dihydrogen Monoxide" joke.  But life never ceases to amaze me. 

- - - - - -

Shortly after getting to work, I started reading a New York Times article on April Fool's Pranks. I was reminded of the National Consumer Coalition against DMHO.  And I figured that I'd mention this substance to a coworker - and she bit at the gag.  This was the first time I got someone to bite - and it happened twice more in less than an hour.

Of course, I was at the office to work, and my current job is to learn as much as I can about the system for which I'm supporting implementations.  And with my boss out, the days go slowly, and I try to find things about the system I can learn without him being around.

Towards the end of the day, I got a weather alert.  The Weather Service expected high winds, dropping temperatures, and a touch of hail nearby. So, I let GFJ know about this before I left for home, and then got lucky - instead of getting the 6:45 pm train as expected, I was able to get the 6:15 pm train, and got home while the weather was quite comfortable.

- - - - - -

Tonight is not the night to prank GFJ - and I'll give her a call soon to let her know that the worst of the weather has passed.  Hopefully, the area of high winds will stay East of my place, so that we have a nice night tonight....





No comments:

Post a Comment