Thursday, April 28, 2016

A public board meeting.


I knew today was going to be a busy day.  First, I had to get some paperwork done ASAP for the office, and then I had to rush out to a public co-op board meeting.  You can guess that by the time I had a chance to write this entry, that I'd be running on borrowed steam....

Borrowed steam?

Well, I'm combining a couple of metaphors here, and noting that I'm running out of energy, while knowing that I'm postponing my day of reckoning for being up too long until tomorrow night, when I'm scheduled to go and play games.

- - - - - -

The first thing I did when I got to the office was to work on paperwork needed to start my project - and was 95% complete by the time my boss had to run off to the doctor's office for an injury he sustained in the off hours.  So I couldn't review my updates until late in the day - and barely completed the review (which I passed) before having to run out to the board meeting.

Unfortunately, by running out a minute late, I missed the train that'd bring me home at 6:30 pm, and ended up catching the train that brought me home at 7:00 pm.  As a result, I didn't have the chance to stop home before the board meeting.  Since the private, then public, parts of the meeting lasted until after 9:00 pm, I wasn't able to go and eat until after 9:30 pm.  Luckily, HWV and I planned to eat after the meeting - and we were having a great chat until 11:30 pm or so.  (One of these days, we'll be able to meet again for food without a late night time limit.)  Before we parted, I told her that GFJ was going to be with her family on Mother's day weekend, so I was looking for special things I could do as Marian that weekend.  Hopefully, she'll have some good ideas - as I'll be a bit envious of her, as she is spending some of her vacation time at a great sporting event.....

Sadly, GFJ wasn't up when I got home.  I'll have to catch her in the morning....  (I miss her, and can't wait to see her on Saturday evening.)






No comments:

Post a Comment